Posted on 23rd November, 2011, under category marketing
Oh before I share the new, let’s recall the series of events in the “old days of marketing”:
1. Research, product user testing.
2. Internal staff launch (get your salesforce on side).
3. Road show launch to early adopters.
4. Press release (if you could afford it prepared by journalist).
5. Print, radio or TV advertising campaign.
6. Monthly reporting showing the success of your product.
The old days are long gone, all the companies are spending majorly on online marketing because of it's huge potential.
Now Let me Share my Secrets to successful online marketing campaign.
1. Create a Network. Search for the right people who are interested in your services and invite them because there is no point in developing a campaign with wrong people who are not at all interested in our services. Share some interesting informational articles with them so that it will engage more and more people. As we know the more is the network the more are the chances of popularity.
2. Identifying “opinion leaders”. You need to join related community groups, follow popular bloggers to know what they are saying, so that it let you know about the current demand of people, what they love to share and read. It is very important to study the target market.
3. Capturing the hearts of people. Its a fact that, if you can win the heart of your target people or market then you will be a winner. Start winning heart by sharing interesting thoughtful posts with easy understandable language to capture the hearts of people.
4. Feed your new Posts. Feed your posts into all major social networking sites like facebook, twitter, linkedin, technorati etc. to build a impressive web presence. Post sharing and commentary will help you in understanding user behavior.
5. Search engine Optimization –The critical aspect of search to your product success is SEO. As early as you are able to build organic Rankings for your new product the early you will get organic traffic. Obviously your website needs to be designed for SEO optimization but think about your blog and online social media interactions as they will all generate valuable traffic. For fast search engine results make sure on page optimization of the site is effective and you do quality link building work.
But before taking above points to action you must select the first promotional tool to start with your campaign as there are lot of ways available like article marketing, email marketing, social media marketing, and more. All tools are good, its all upto you how to use it and make it effective. There are many people who run campaigns, but there is a great difference between running an online marketing campaign and running a successful online marketing campaign .
At the end I must say it is essential to monitor and measure your success at each and every stage of the campaign so that you can report to your clients at every level because ultimate goal is to make them happy.